Do you want to balance your diet? Are you looking for some options to consume less meat? Are you a veggy and you sometimes feel you run out of ideas when cooking?
I’m going to give you the perfect solution: an easy and tasty vegan meatloaf with brown rice and bbq sauce.
If you relish preparing new recipes, you can check https://successrice.com/recipes/vegan-brown-rice-bbq-meatloaf/. You are going to find very interesting information about it.
But first, let’s talk about the properties of brown rice.
In the second half of the twentieth century, people started growing and consuming more and more brown rice, and its popularity grew a lot thanks to the health movement flourishing.
Many people believe that brown rice is more of a premium product, compared with white rice.
It’s no news that rice, in general, is a type of food which is very rich in carbohydrates.
But brown rice, in particular, is a great source of flavonoids and phenols –is it the first time you’ve read about them?
These are two types of antioxidants that reduce the risk of premature aging and also reduce the cells damage. Really complete, isn’t it?
Apart from that, brown rice provides you with several minerals, such as iron, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese and calcium. And it also offers different vitamins, like Vitamin B1 and Vitamin B6.
All these properties make brown rice healthier than white rice.
Another positive aspect of brown rice is that it is really versatile, since you can combine it with different types of food.
But first things first: how should you cook brown rice alone?
To begin with, you should pour some water into a pot and bring it to a boil.
After that, add the rice and reduce the heat. Cover it and simmer for about 40 minutes, until the rice has absorbed the water and you see it is tender.
Finally, turn off the heat. Let it sit, covered, for about 10 minutes. Then, fluff it with a fork.
Just because you are a veggy, it doesn’t mean you can’t eat meatloaf.
Characterized for its simple and delicious taste, vegan meatloaf can be made of healthy and varied ingredients. And, of course, the key ingredient will be brown rice. It will give this dish a huge base of proteins and it can be combined with flavorful ingredients.
- 8 tablespoons of vegetable broth.
- 4 yellow onions.
- A pinch of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of fresh pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- 4 large carrots.
- 6 cloves of garlic.
- 3 cups of cooked brown rice.
- 15 oz of cannellini beans (optional).
- 1/2 cup of oats.
- 1/2 cup of Nutritional yeast.
- 4 tablespoons of mustard.
- 4 tablespoons of vegan Worcestershire sauce.
- 4 tablespoons of tomato ketchup.
- 4 tablespoons of seeds.
- 1/2 cup of tomato ketchup for glaze.
- Firstly, it’s very important that you preheat the oven. After that, line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Then, heat the vegetable broth in a pan. Peel and chop the onions and add them to the pan, together with the fresh pepper and the dried thyme, and season with salt. Set the heat on a low temperature and cook everything for 5 minutes.
- Peel and dice the carrots and add them to the pan, together with the minced garlic and continue cooking until the onions become translucent. You can stir occasionally.
- After that, grab a bowl and mix the precooked rice (you can add some beans, if you want), the oats, the Nutritional yeast, the mustard, the Worcestershire sauce, the tomato ketchup and the seeds. Mash the whole mixture so that the beans break up. You should leave some chunks, unless you expect it to be a puree! Stir well to combine.
- Then, add the onion mixture to the bean mixture.
- Put the mixture into the loaf pan and press it down well. Cover it with aluminum foil, place it on a baking tray and bake the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Take the loaf out of the oven. Decorate with the remaining ketchup, return the uncovered loaf to the oven for 15 minutes.
- When it is cooked, allow the loaf to sit for 20 minutes before serving.
Cook tip: enjoy with chips or mashed potatoes!
I personally think this recipe is a great way of consuming rice and you can even combine it with vegetables.
You’ll be eating a very healthy and tasty dish, which you can also combine with a huge variety of salads or mashed vegetables.
You can even add seeds, if you desire. And they will give it a special crunchy taste that will take the dish to another level!
Let’s think out of the box and let your creativity play its part. Add as many ingredients and seasonings as you want. Take this recipe and make it your own by adding your personal touch. You’ll surprise your friends and family with this delicious recipe!