1. Growing up, how important was music to you?
Music was a major part of my childhood. I was always singing and performing in talent shows, I knew from a young age I wanted to make music and it was a part of me, it was a real passion growing up. It was something that was always natural from an early age and something I connected to.
2. How did you come up with the name A3?
I carry the name of my father and his father (my grandfather) so am the “third”. My first and last initials start with “A”. Friends would call me A3 and so it sort of just stuck.
3. Let’s talk about your new single “Burning Away” What was the inspiration for this song?
How do you think it compares to anything else that you have put out?
I was moved by Bradley Cooper’s performance in the film ” American Sniper” and of how the recent wars in the Middle East has tough repercussions on the men and women who were sent there. One evening I just wrote Burning Away which was about lost innocence. My earlier songs were more inspirational / uplifting whereas Burning Away has part social commentary.
4. Since the beginning of music, people have turned to it for support and as an escape from their realities. How do you want your music received and appreciated?
Running through my music is a spirit of hope, renewal, and being the best you can be. It’s not so naive as I have had ups and downs like everyone else. Moreover, I know today it’s not the way the world is moving, but as society, we have tilted back and forth. I hope it can help some through tough times and help others to not act out of fear but out of respect. I want people to enjoy the music and connect with it, find joy and meaning in the lyrics, melody and music.
5. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island forever, what musical item would you take with you and why?
A piano or an acoustic guitar. They are timeless.
6. Anything you would like your readers to know about your future projects?
I am working on a mini album right now, I feel it’s my best work and song writing to date. Ive taken taken the dance and more lounge sounds which have become known for, and converging it into a more organic pop/rock finished project. I have just shot the first video for the first track and cant wait to share it with people. The album is called “Awakening” It was produced by Grammy nominated “John Alagia” who has produced the likes of John Mayer, Jason Mraz, im really proud of this new direction.