YG Entertainment names Jennie Kim as member of new girl group; here are 6 facts about the singer
Jennie Kim is part of YG Entertainment’s new girl group.Facebook/YG Entertainment
There’s a lot of excitement surrounding YG Entertainment’s new girl group, scheduled to debut in July 2016. But before members of the band can establish their musical prowess, the company has allowed its fans to familiarise themselves with the K-pop artists.
In its latest update, the entertainment company revealed Jennie Kim as a member of its all girl group. However, the question looming on everyone’s mind is this: Who is she?
Here are a few fun facts about the singer:
- Jennie Kim was born in 1996 and she moved to Netherlands at a very young age.
- She is proficient in Korean, English and Japanese.
- YG Entertainment’s CEO Yang Hyun-suk selected her after an audition. It is rumoured that the media mogul was enthralled by her singing and dancing abilities.
- She has been associated with the company for a while. Jennie appeared in BIGBANG member, G-Dragon’s solo, “That XX,” and was part of the rapper’s performance on SBS’s “Inkigayo.”
- Her picture was first released on YG Entertainment’s blog in April 2012. According to an article on Soompi, netizens wondered who the “mystery girl” is. Later, a YG representative said, “The name and the age is correct. She went overseas when she was very young, so we didn’t think people would uncover her profile with just a picture…”
- She is known for her rapping skills and might just be the new girl group’s resident rapper.
So far, very little is known about YG Entertainment’s new girl group. Earlier, Yang had said that the new band will not parallel their other girl group, 2NE1. However, the company hasn’t released the name of the band yet.